Our office is now open for appointments. Many things have changed during this corona virus pandemic, but our commitment to your dental care and wellness is unchanged.
While infection control has always been a priority, and while we have always followed and met ADA, CDC, and OSHA guidelines for infection control, we have added some new equipment and protocols to further reduce the risk of the spread of this disease.
- We have added AirDoctor™ air purifiers with UltraHEPA filtration in each treatment room and in the reception area.
- We have touchless hand sanitizer dispensers throughout the office.
- We will disinfect the rooms multiple times daily with a "fogging" of hypochlorous acid, an approved disinfectant for surfaces and aerosolization.
- We have added barrier coverings to the dental chair backs and armrests.
- We have installed plexiglass screens at the checkout stations.
- Our clinical staff will wear fluid-resistant lab gowns, KN95 masks covered with a 2nd mask, and face shields when performing any procedures that might generate aerosol.
Other changes you will notice when scheduling include these:
- We will attempt to communicate with you prior to your appointment to ask some screening questions. You will be asked those same questions at the appointment. We will also take your temperature when you arrive and will ask that you wear a mask.
- The reception area will no longer have magazines, or toys for the kids, as those items cannot be disinfected. There are fewer chairs and they are spaced apart, for social distancing.
- Appointment times will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. We will do our best to allow more time between patients to reduce waiting time for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
- These changes may mean that you will have fewer appointment options, although we are evaluating the need for additional hygiene days and/or hours.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about these steps we have taken to ensure your comfort and safety and confidence as you resume your professional dental care.
Thank you for your understanding and patience, and especially for your continued trust and loyalty as we all adjust to the "new normal - post COVID-19."
Dr. Jerry R. Ellis and staff